Thursday, November 23, 2006

Spring 2006 Mexico

Friends,

I am in the final days of preparing for marriage to Ana Reynoso. The process of an American marrying a Mexican, in Mexico, is no small feat! But after two months of paperwork and $1,000 of fees and applications, we will be married on May 6th in Ensenada.

We will be travelling south to Chihuahua, Oaxaca & Chiapas; Mexico, for our honeymoon. Chihuahua is the area where Ana lived and worked with the Napuchi Indians until this past December.
Oaxaca & Chiapas, are two of the Southern states of Mexico (Chiapas touches the Guatemala border), and these are two areas we have been praying for (esp. Chiapas). Ana & I both sense God preparing and leading us to be building relationships in forgotten communities; with forgotten children, widows & families; who lack opportunity, and rights; through loving the person – in the way only Jesus can.

We continue to have many wonderful relationships growing in all parts of the world; most of which have been started or connected here in Ensenada. We continue to love the people of El Zorrillo, Las Flores, Lomas Bonitas & Maneadero; as we spend time being with families in these communities. We continue to be supplied by the Lord, through all of you, with the provisions of food, clothing & various gifts needed by so many.

While we don’t know exactly where we will be living in the coming year, we know that these precious friendships exist in our lives for a purpose; and we ask for your prayers as we continue to learn how to grow in friendships spanning cultures, languages & time-zones.

I continue to think of myself less as a missionary, and more as a student of Jesus; who is learning to be a teacher of Jesus. (As Jesus has told us to “teach” everything He has taught us) I am practicing this teaching, simply by loving, as I am being the student as well.

My life continues to be filled with a measure of Grace & Mercy that I am humbled in. I am surprised at the friendship that is given by so many, who clearly have seen that I am not very gifted at loving others; since I practiced for so many years at loving myself.

I am most grateful to my Ana, for her love. It is in her love, and relationship, that I am able to “put a face” on Jesus; and I am growing closer to my Lord, learning how to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind & strength.

Thank you for your friendship & love,

Scott

No comments: