Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jesus Antonio

Many of you may remember Daisy & Ruth from the El Zorrillo feeding Program or VBS. Their dad is Jorge, who is a long time friend of Juan Martinez. I first met Jorge 7 or 8 years ago, as he has often helped Juan and the EOC with projects. He is skilled in brick laying & stucco work.

Without going into too much detail, I can say that we have been praying for this family for a few years. It has been tough, especially since Jorge's first wife (Daisy & Ruth's mom) left the family a few years ago.

Jorge has since remarried & little Jesus Antonio if the fruit of that marriage. Jesus was born 3 months premature, and now is 7+ months old.

A couple of weeks ago, Jesus started running a high fever, and was taken to the hospital, given some medicine and released. The next day, he was taken back to the general hospital, as his parents believed his condition was grave. (he started having trouble breathing & started convulsions) He was suffering from pneumonia, and was given a sedative in the hospital (I think to stop the convulsions).

His pneumonia is improving, however he has never awoken from the sedative (15 days). The doctor's have recommended a brain scan, however the general hospital isn't equipped with the technology.

We received word of this today, prayed as a staff, and through a couple friends of the EOC, God has provided the ($6,000 pesos) funds for the scanning equip to be brought in & performed.

I share this that you might be praying with us for Jesus Antonio & his entire family.

It still hits me so hard, when I see how so many suffer in ways that I never have because I have had access to a different level of health care. And as a father I can imagine how tough this is for Jorge.

Yes this is a great opportunity for us & them to depend in a deeper way on the Lord, and trust in His will. Also it's a way for people like me (and maybe you) to gain more perspective on how we can be used to carryout the work of bringing the Love of Jesus into this world.

I know Jorge knows Jesus as Lord, but I can also imagine that through these last two weeks, he may have had many tough moments of asking why or how?

I pray that tonight, through this small gift, they will be brought into a closer intimacy with the Lord, and we will too.

I'll keep you updated.

Blessings,
Scott

check out my facebook for a photo of Jorge in the hospital

No comments: