Wednesday, May 6, 2009

2009 Avia Wildflower Triathlon

So, you may have heard me tell stories of my first (Spint distance, mountain bike) Triathlon, five years ago.  Well last weekend Ana, Naomi & I drove north to Lake San Antonio (near Paso Robles, Ca) to camp in the rain (in leaky tents no less) so I could subject my less than conditioned body to another round of 1/4 mile swim, 10 mile (hilly) mountain bike, and 2 mile run (or walk in my case).
Enjoy the photo's of the weekend.

By the way, it's always great to return to an area where my family spent many of our summers growing up (we had a house at nearby Lake Nacimiento), I remember visiting the Bee Rock store for some Sasparilla after being on the lake.

This weekend inspired me to not wait another five years until the next Triathlon.  Ana said, "imagine how well you could do if you actually trained for it!"


2 comments:

Tory said...

SO fun seeing these pictures...we miss and love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Stacy says...
This was SUCH a blessing of a weekend...just the girl cousins hanging out...and looking forward to next year's Wildflower!